The thyroid disorders : hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are relatively common in pregnancy and important to treat.
The thyroid is an organ located on the front of your neck that releases hormones that regulate your metabolism, heart and nervous system, weight, body temperature and many other process.
Untreated thyroid disorders in pregnancy may lead to premature birth, pre-eclampsia, (increased BP) miscarriage, low birth weight, deficit in development in infants. Symptoms of hypothyroidism
2) Weight gain
4) Sensitivity to cold temperature
5) Muscle cramps Symptoms of hyperthyroidism :
2) Increase heart rate
4) Sensitivity to hot temperature
5) Severe nausea or vomiting
6) Slight tremor
7) Weight loss Diagnosis : 1) Symptoms
3) Blood test-TSH, T3, T4 Treatment for hyperthyroidism :
2) Metinmazole Treatment for hypothyroidism : levothyroxine
Monitor thyroid function tests every 4-6 weeks during pregnancy.